Hymenoptera Hypersensitivity: An Update
This enduring material is based on AAAAI teaching slides and reviews the update to Hymenoptera Hypersensitivity.
As you review the presentation, scrolling over the slides may reveal additional information.
Physicians can earn 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ and nurses can earn 1.20 CE Contact Hours. Credit is available November 14, 2013 through November 30, 2015.
AAAAI Members can download this slide set by selecting the "AAAAI Teaching Slides" course from the Education Catalog. You must be logged in with your member ID and password to access the files.
System Requirements: Two most recent versions of Internet Explorer, Safari, Google Chrome, and Firefox. Flash player is required to view course.
- Allied Health Professionls
Upon Completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Discuss evaluation and management of stinging insect hypersensitivity.
- Discuss key changes from the 2004 to the 2011 practice parameter.
- Discuss the recommendations for stinging insect hypersensitivity management, particularly the appropriate use of immunotherapy.
- Explain cross-reactivity among various species and new tools to address this issue in the clinic.
- Implement guideline-based behaviors in practice when treating patients at risk for insect allergy.
- 1.20 CECE credit.
- 1.00 CMECME credit.
- 1.00 AttendanceAttendance credit.