CMS Coding/RAC Webinar
Please Note: Times listed are Central Standard Time
This one-hour webinar offers an overview of anticipated revisions in Medicare payment policy and new E/M coding beginning in 2020, as well as important information related to Medicare’s Recovery Audit Contractor (RAC) program. Our presenters will provide an overview of the changes, as well as best practices for documentation and practical tips to avoid audits. Subject matter experts Emily Graham, RHIA CCS-P, of Hart Health Strategies, and AAAAI coding consultant, Teresa Thompson, BS CPC CMSCS CCC will share insights and answer your questions.
Key issues to be addressed during webinar include:
- Revisions in CY 2020 E/M coding guidelines and other key aspects of the Medicare physician fee schedule (MPFS)
- Overview of payment changes associated with E/M services beginning 2021
- Key updates to the RAC program and recommended best-practices to avoid CMS Recovery Audits
- Discussion of coding for procedures, including:
- Immunotherapy mixing – anticipated doses, daily and yearly limits, rolling billing – CMS and private payer definition of dose
- New patient encounter vs patient consultation
- Correct use of modifier 25
- A/I Practice Staff
- 0.00 AttendanceAttendance credit.