AIM Virtual Patient - Ben Johnson
You are called to the Emergency Department for your help treating Ben Johnson. Ben experienced a severe reaction shortly after visiting a Chinese restaurant, and the ED staff need your expertise to accurately diagnose and treat him. How will you approach this case?
The AIM Virtual Patient series presents a series of simulated encounters with patients who have experienced, or are at risk of experiencing, an anaphylactic reaction. Challenge your ability to effectively diagnose and manage anaphylaxis in accordance with the best evidence on the subject by completing these cases, all found within the Anaphylaxis Education Learning Group.
Programmed by the AAAAI. Funded through an educational grant from sanofi-aventis U.S.
Allergist/Immunologists, primary care physicians, fellows-in-training in allergy/immunology, advanced practitioners working in allergy/immunology practices
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
1. Correctly diagnose and prescribe an optimal treatment plan for a virtual patient suffering from an anaphylactic episode
2. Select appropriate laboratory testing based on an initial patient presentation and changing patient’s condition
3. Identify appropriate therapies to address the immediate problem
4. Perform a differential diagnosis based on the lab results and the clinical picture
5. Identify predisposing risk factors and appropriate observation periods for patients with this condition
Vivian Hernandez-Trujillo, MD FAAAAI
- 1.00 AttendanceAttendance credit.
- 1.00 CMECME credit.