Below you will find links to the educational videos recommended in the list of improvement activities you selected for your Asthma IQ: Patient Assessment improvement plan.
The 2016 Virtual Annual Meeting videos are available for CME or CE credit through May 31, 2018 at https://education.aaaai.org/2016VAM. There is a registration fee for accessing these videos for credit if you have not previously purchased the 2016 Virtual Annual Meeting.
Intervention 2: To improve your education of your patients about medication adherence, beliefs, and barriers:
Adherence Challenges in Asthma: Pediatrics, Adolescents, and Older Adults (2016 Virtual Annual Meeting Workshop 2804)
- Adherence Challenges in Pediatric Asthma (Bruce G. Bender, PhD FAAAAI)
- Adherence Challenges in Adolescents with Asthma (Giselle Mosnaim, MD MS FAAAAI)
- Adherence Challenges in Older Adults with Asthma (Sharmilee M. Nyenhuis, MD FAAAAI)
What Can Implementation Research Teach Us About the Management of Asthma? (2016 Virtual Annual Meeting Symposium 1801)
- Making the Switch from Randomized Trials to Implementation Research (Andrea J. Apter, MD MA MSc FAAAAI)
- Community-Level Implementation Research Can Address Asthma Disparities (Michelle M. Cloutier, MD)
Intervention 4: To improve the level of control you are able to help your patients to achieve:
When Writing A Script Just Isn’t Enough: Strategies to Overcome Barriers Associated with Poor Asthma Control in Older Adults (2016 Virtual Annual Meeting Workshop 2815)
- Diagnostic and Management Approaches for Asthma in Older Adults with Significant Co-Morbidities (Tolly Epstein, MD MS FAAAAI)
- Non-Medication Approaches to Improve Asthma Control in Older Adults (Carol A. Saltoun, MD FAAAAI)
- Developing Shared Goals for Asthma Management in Older Adults: Acknowledging the Impact of Financial Concerns and Medication-Related Side Effects (Dennis K. Ledford, MD FAAAAI)