Codes Available as of April 1, 2020
- U07.1, COVID-19, announced by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, as the new ICD-10CM Code
- J12.81 is pneumonia due to SARS-associated virus
- 87635 - Infectious agent detection by nucleic acid (DNA or RNA); severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) (Coronavirus disease [COVID-19]), amplified probe technique. View the AMA CPT assistant document.
- U0001 - Test using CDC 2019 Novel Coronavirus Real Time RT-PCD Diagnostic test panel (Medicare HCPCS, accepted April 1 for services on or after February 4, 2020)
- U0002 - Coronavirus, SARS-CoV-2/2019-nCoV using any technique, multiple types or subtypes includes all targets. (Medicare HCPCS, accepted April 1 for services on or after February 4, 2020)
- G2012 – virtual check in by telephone
- G2010 – virtual check in by video
Coding for telehealth visits varies by state and payer. Detailed coding information from Teresa Thompson, the AAAAI coding consultant, can be found here.