2014 TAAIS Annual Meeting
ONLINE REGISTRATION IS CLOSED
Onsite registration will open the morning of April 4th.
This is a live activity on April 4-6, 2014.
The mission of the 255-member Texas Allergy, Asthma and Immunology Society is to improve the quality of life of Texans who suffer from allergies, asthma and immunodeficiences. We reach this goal by providing continuing education each year to our member allergists/immunologists and also to primary care physicians. Our 2013 Annual Meeting is geared towards allergists/immunologists from the State of Texas.
TAAIS Member Rate (MD and Allied Health): $200 - Contact TAAIS for Coupon Code
NonMember Physician Rate (includes Membership Dues): $425 - NO Coupon Code
NonMember Allied Health Rate (includes Membership Dues): $250 - Contact TAAIS for Coupon Code
Fellows: Free Contact TAAIS for Coupon Code
Credit must be claimed by December 31, 2014. Any credit request on or after January 1, 2015 will be subject to an administrative fee.
System Requirements: Two most recent versions of Internet Explorer, Safari, Google Chrome, and Firefox
Upon completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Develop evidence-based recommendations for patient’s asthma action plan for mild-moderate exacerbations of asthma.
- Identify common abnormalities on CT sinus imaging; develop a medical management plan for chronic sinusitis; and discuss appropriate referrals and outcomes for sinus surgery.
- Describe patients appropriate for food challenge and develop protocols for food challenges in the office including those with baked/heated foods.
- Identify patients and protocols appropriate for skin testing, drug challenges and drug desensitizations.
- Explain which labs are appropriate, as well as their limitations, for diagnosis and management of common primary immunodeficiencies.
- Discuss the appropriate management, including adverse effects, of gammaglobulin therapies in the treatment of primary immunodeficiencies.
- Identify appropriate patient selection, testing, immunotherapy protocols and duration of therapies for venom allergy including fire ant.
- Discuss he various forms of angioedema and initiate appropriate therapy for the various types.
- Differentiate various common headache syndromes, understand the role of imaging, initiate therapy, and understand when to refer.
- Gain an understanding of the various ethical considerations involved with clinical research.
- 11.00 AttendanceAttendance credit.
- 11.00 CMECME credit.