2017 TAAIS Annual Meeting
Pre-registration is now closed for this activity. You may register on site starting at 7:00 am on Friday, April 21.
The TAAIS Annual Meeting, spanning three half-days, will offer state-of-the-art advances in allergic, asthmatic and immunologic diseases. Nationally renowned experts from across the U.S. will engage the practicing allergist/immunologist and discuss the most challenging problems in patients with allergies, asthma and immunodeficiencies. In addition, allergy fellows-in-training will provide a first-hand snapshot of the exciting allergy/immunology research going on in the State of Texas.
|TAAIS Member (physician or allied health)||$250|
|Non-member Physician, PharmD or PhD (includes TAAIS membership fee)||$475|
|Non-member Allied Health Practitioner (includes TAAIS membership fee)||$300|
Credit must be claimed by December 31, 2017. Credit requests on or after January 1, 2018 will be subject to an administrative fee.
- Allergy Fellows-in-Training
- Physician Assistants
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Describe the development of biologics for asthma treatment and their implementation in the management of disease
- Recognize and initiate an evaluation for patients suspected of having a primary immune deficiency
- Explain the causes and consequences of asthma exacerbations, risk factors, and treatment approaches
- Describe the clinical phenotypes observed in common variable immune deficiency
- Provide a comprehensive approach for management of patients with LPR
- Manage patients with acute coronary syndromes who have a history of reactions to aspirin
- Approach the treatment of patients with atopic dermatitis based on the understanding of skin barrier and immune abnormalities
- Discuss recent developments from oral immunotherapy, epicutaneous immunotherapy and sublingual immunotherapy food allergy trials
- Describe how to find the answers to coding problems they encounter
- Explain the requirements associated with MACRA in 2017 and beyond
- 11.00 AttendanceAttendance credit.
- 11.00 CMECME credit.