2017 TAAIS Annual Meeting
Pre-registration is now closed for this activity. You may register on site starting at 7:00 am on Friday, April 21.
The TAAIS Annual Meeting, spanning three half-days, will offer state-of-the-art advances in allergic, asthmatic and immunologic diseases. Nationally renowned experts from across the U.S. will engage the practicing allergist/immunologist and discuss the most challenging problems in patients with allergies, asthma and immunodeficiencies. In addition, allergy fellows-in-training will provide a first-hand snapshot of the exciting allergy/immunology research going on in the State of Texas.
|TAAIS Member (physician or allied health)
|Non-member Physician, PharmD or PhD (includes TAAIS membership fee)
|Non-member Allied Health Practitioner (includes TAAIS membership fee)
Credit must be claimed by December 31, 2017. Credit requests on or after January 1, 2018 will be subject to an administrative fee.
- Allergy Fellows-in-Training
- Physician Assistants
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Describe the development of biologics for asthma treatment and their implementation in the management of disease
- Recognize and initiate an evaluation for patients suspected of having a primary immune deficiency
- Explain the causes and consequences of asthma exacerbations, risk factors, and treatment approaches
- Describe the clinical phenotypes observed in common variable immune deficiency
- Provide a comprehensive approach for management of patients with LPR
- Manage patients with acute coronary syndromes who have a history of reactions to aspirin
- Approach the treatment of patients with atopic dermatitis based on the understanding of skin barrier and immune abnormalities
- Discuss recent developments from oral immunotherapy, epicutaneous immunotherapy and sublingual immunotherapy food allergy trials
- Describe how to find the answers to coding problems they encounter
- Explain the requirements associated with MACRA in 2017 and beyond
- 11.00 AttendanceAttendance credit.
- 11.00 CMECME credit.