2014 Fall Symposium of the Los Angeles Society of Allergy, Asthma & Clinical Immunology
This is a live event on September 27th in Los Angeles, California.
The purpose of this activity is to provide board certified allergists and nurses who work in the allergy field with information on topics that promote best practices among clinicians.
To complete this activity the following must be completed in order:
- Register with LAS-AACI at email@example.com.
- Register with the AAAAI by clicking on 'Take Course' below.
- Complete the CME Info and Pre-test prior to attending the symposium.
- Attend and sign-in at the symposium.
- After the symposium, return to the AAAAI activity page and complete the post-test, evaluation and claim credit.
Credit must be claimed by June 30, 2015. Any credit request on or after July 1, 2015 will be subject to an administrative fee.
System Requirements: Two most recent versions of Internet Explorer, Safari, Google Chrome, and Firefox
- Allergy/Immunology Specialists
After participating in this activity, learner will be able to:
- To define the role of mast cells and mast cells mediators in the pathophysiology of urticaria and angioedema.
- To describe the role of autoantibodies in chronic urticaria.
- To discuss the importance of mast cell releasing factors.
Alternative Medicine: Sense and Nonsense
- To describe the biological basis of acupuncture, homeopathy, and chiropractic.
- To discuss data that supports or refutes alternative practices.
- To understand the physiological basis of the placebo response.
Impact of Vitamin D on Asthma
- Describe some of the key immunomodulatory actions of vitamin D.
- Define how vitamin D can influence the expression of asthma.
- Identify what doses of vitamin D supplementation may be appropriate for their patients with asthma who have vitamin D deficiency/insufficiency.
Adult Onset Primary Immunodeficiency: What’s New in the Old
- To recognize STAT1 gain of function mutations and be familiar with their management.
- To describe the scope of anticytokine autoantibodies.
- To identify GATA2 deficiency and its many manifestations.
- 4.50 AttendanceAttendance credit.
- 5.40 CECE credit.
- 4.50 CMECME credit.