TAAIS: Dallas, TX -What You Need to Know About Allergies & Asthma: 2013
Registration is now closed. Onsite registration will open at 7:30am on September 14th.
Live activity: September 14, 2013 presented by The Texas Allergy, Asthma & Immunology Society in Dallas, TX
Primary care physicians and Allied Health providers will have the opportunity to update their knowledge of allergic and immunologic conditions, including therpeutic options for treating allergies and asthma, as well as updates on drug allergies and atopic dermatitis. Participants will also review patient cases to determine when a patient should be referred to an allergist/immunologist for care.
Physicians can earn 3.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ and nurses can earn 4.50 CE Contact Hours.
To Register for this course:
Click 'yes' to enroll in this course or 'login'
Login with your AAAAI Login or create a login if you are a new user (you do not need to be a AAAAI member to register).
Once you are signed in, click the red 'Take Course' button below, complete the pre-test, attend the actiivty and sign-in, complete the post-test, complete the evaluation, and claim your credits.
System Requirements:Two most recent versions of Internet Explorer, Safari, Google Chrome, and Firefox
Credit must be claimed by June 30, 2014. Any credit request on or after July 1, 2014 will be subject to an administrative fee.
- Family Physicians
- Physician Assistants
- Nurse Practitioners
Upon completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Describe the criteria for appropriate consultation with an allergy/immunology specialist.
- Describe risks associated with unproven and controversial approaches to the management of allergy.
- Explain the rationale and implementation of inhaled rescue and controller medications for asthma.
- Recognize the differences between drug allergy and other adverse drug reactions.
- Discuss characteristics and treatment plans for atopic dermatitis.
- 3.75 AttendanceAttendance credit.
- 4.50 CECE credit.
- 3.75 CMECME credit.