Fall 2016 Symposium of the Los Angeles Society of Allergy, Asthma and Clinical Immunology
This is a live event taking place on September 24, 2016 in Los Angeles, California.
The purpose of this activity is to provide board certified allergists and nurses who work in the allergy field with information on topics that promote best practices among clinicians.
To complete this activity the following must be completed in order:
- Register with LASAACI by sending an email to email@example.com.
- Return to this site to review the CME Info Page and complete the pre-test prior to attending the symposium.
- Attend the symposium and sign in at the registration desk.
- After the symposium, return to this AAAAI activity page and complete the post-test and evaluation to claim credit.
Credit must be claimed by June 30, 2017. Credit requests on or after July 1, 2017 will be subject to an administrative fee.
- Allergy/Immunology Specialists
- Nurses working in the field of Allergy/Immunology
Emerging Biologic Agents in Asthma
- Discuss the rationale for selection of biologic agents in the treatment of asthma.
- Identify the approaches needed to select patients for a particular biological agent, the beginning of precision medicine in asthma.
Human Microbiota and Asthma and Allergy
- Discuss risk factors for childhood allergic sensitization
- Identify specific species and microbial-derived mechanisms that confer airway protection against airway allergen challenge or viral respiratory infection.
- Recognize the major allergens responsible for causing allergic contact dermatitis
- Understand the pros and cons of the main patch test methods available
- Understand differences in causes of chronic cough between children and adults
- Discuss treatment strategies for adults with chronic cough hypersensitivity syndrome.
- 4.00 AttendanceAttendance credit.
- 4.00 CECE credit.
- 4.00 CMECME credit.