Nemours SAMPRO™ Live
This activity will feature the resources available in the SAMPRO™ Toolkit in an effort to improve the care of children with asthma in the school setting.
- A/I Physicians
- A/I Nurses, NPs, PAs and Allied Health Practictioners
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Identify their role in and actively participate as clinicians in the Circle of Support
- Develop and communicate a school Asthma Action Plan
- Recognize opportunities and provide resources to educate school personnel about asthma
- Recognize opportunities and provide resources to assist in addressing environmental triggers found within schools
Denise DiPrimio-Kalman, DO FAAAAI
Nemours/AI DuPont Hospital for Children, Wilmington, DE
Relevant relationships: None
Thomas Miller, MD FAAAAI
Allergy Associates of Western Michigan, Grandville, MI
Relevant relationships: Patent holder for new pulmonary function device
AAAAI Disclosure Policy
Pursuant to the Code of Ethics for the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (AAAAI) and the Standards for Commercial Support of Continuing Medical Education of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education, the AAAAI requires disclosure of certain information from faculty members of educational activities designated for CME credit by the AAAAI. Prior to the activity, authors and reviewers are required to disclose all relationships that meet the following parameters:
- Employment: Name of employer and job title.
- Financial interests: All organizations, other than the employer, from which the faculty member or a member of his/her immediate family or household receives annual remuneration in any amount (including grants, honoraria and consulting fees).
- Research interests: All organizations which support research projects for which the faculty member or member of his/her immediate family or household serves as an investigator.
- Legal Consultation Services/Expert Witness Testimony: All topics on which the faculty member provided legal consultation and/or expert witness testimony during the previous calendar year.
- Organizational interests: All organizations, other than the AAAAI, for which the faculty member holds volunteer positions.
- Gifts: All organizations from which the faculty member or a member of his/her immediate family or household have received a gift of any amount in the last year.
- Other interests: All interests of the faculty member or a member of his/her immediate family or household that would be judged by a majority of his/her peers to be more than casual and/or likely to impact his/her ability to exercise independent judgment. This includes any financial interest in or relationship with any manufacturer of a commercial product, and any financial interest or relationship with any organization that provides commercial support to AAAAI-sponsored educational activities.
The information disclosed by the speakers and planning committee was reviewed in accordance with the AAAAI Disclosure Policy. All potential conflicts of interest were resolved by the planners, faculty, and reviewers prior to their participation in the development of this activity.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of AAAAI and Nemours, AI du Pont Hospital for Children. The AAAAI is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Credit Claiming Period
Credit claiming for this activity will expire at 11:59 pm on June 30, 2019. Requests to claim credit on or after July 1, 2019 will be subject to an administrative fee.
To verify your participation in educational activities, you may be asked to provide your name, contact information, and/or other descriptors. The AAAAI will not release this information to outside entities. It may be used internally to inform you of other AAAAI educational activities. If you wish to have your information excluded from this process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Activity-related questions should be directed to Denise DiPrimio-Kalman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration and credit claiming questions should be directed to email@example.com.
- 1.00 AttendanceAttendance credit.
- 1.00 CMECME credit.