2015 Wisconsin Allergy Society Meeting
CREDIT CLAIMING IS NOW OPEN FOR THIS MEETING. PLEASE REFER TO THE INSTRUCTIONS YOU RECEIVED AT THE MEETING, OR SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE TO DOWNLOAD THE INSTRUCTION SHEET.
This live course will take place on Saturday, October 10, 2015.
The Wisconsin Allergy Society promotes and encourages the study of allergy and the principals of allergy practice. This year the Society's meeting will focus on esoinophilic esophagitis as presented by Dr. Ikuo Hirano, and the medical and surgical management of chronic sinusitis presented by Dr. Robert Naclerio. The goals of the meeting are to highlight advancements in science, diagnosis, medical treatement, and surgical treatment of eosionphil disorders and chronic sinusitis.
Physicians can earn up to 6.00 AMA PRA Category 1 CME CreditsTM
System Requirements: Two most recent versions of Internet Explorer, Safari, Google Chrome, and Firefox
Allied health professionals
Upon completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
1. Define the indications for sinus interventions and to illustrate the different approaches to surgical intervention.
2. Describe how comorbidities affect sinus outcomes.
3. Describe how monoclonal antibodies effect nasal polyps.
4. Describe off label uses of drugs which may help some patients with difficult-to-treat sinus disease.
5. Recognize the growing worldwide prevalence of eosinophilic esophagitis.
6. Recognize the clinical presentations and complications of eosinophilic esophagitis in children and adults.
7. Discuss the controversy regarding the role of proton pump inhibition in the management of eosinophilic esophagitis.
8. Recognize the appropriate endpionts of therapy in eosinophilic esophagitis.
9. Review existing and emerging pharmacologic options for eosinophilic esophagitis.
10. Appreciate the advantages and disadvantages of current use of diet therapy in the treatment of eosinophilic esophagitis.
Robert Naclerio, MD FAAAAI
Ikuo Hirano, MD
Juan Adams, MD (MCW)
Halie Anderson, MD (UW)
Alalia Berry, MD (UW)
Jamee Castillo, MD (UW)
Joel Gallagher, MD (MCW)
Karina Shah, MD (MCW)
- 6.00 AttendanceAttendance credit.
- 6.00 CECE credit.
- 6.00 CMECME credit.