TAAIS Coding and Severe Asthma Workshop
Credit claiming is now closed for this meeting.
This is a live course on June 20, 2015 from 8:00am to 4:30pm in Austin, TX.
This free live course, provided by the AAAAI and the Texas Allergy, Asthma and Immunology Society (TAAIS), will cover two areas of high interest to practicing allergist/immunologists - the introduction of ICD-10 and the management of patients with severe asthma. The one-day event will include a combination of lecture, small and large group discussion, and case studies to provide the latest updates and evidence-based recommendations. The agenda can be downloaded below.
The American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology designates this live activity for a maximum of 7.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity is supported in part by an independent educational grant from Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Attendees may also participate in a non-CME certified lunch symposium, "Treating Asthma: Optimizing Diagnosis and Management," sponsored by Meda Pharmaceuticals.
- Scroll down and click on ‘Yes’ to Enroll in the course.
- Login with your AAAAI Username and Password. New users/Forgot your password: Click 'forgot login' or 'never claimed credit', type your email address in the field below and click “continue”. You will receive an email with a link to reset/create your login.
- Once logged in, Click the red ‘Take Course’ button
- Select your ‘User Type’ (area of practice) from the drop down and click “next”
- Click on ‘CME Info Begin’
- Review the CME Info Page
- Scroll down and click on “Go to next step”.
- Review the Pre-Course Preparation information.
- Attend the Live activity and sign-in
Hotel Accomodations: To inquire about hotel availability at the Hyatt Regency Austin please call 1-512-477-1234.
Credit must be claimed by December 31, 2015. Any credit request on or after January 1, 2016 will be subject to an administrative fee.
System Requirements: Two most recent versions of Internet Explorer, Safari, Google Chrome, and Firefox
Practice managers and other clinical staff involved in billing in a clinical practice setting
After this workshop, participants should be able to:
1. Describe the fundamentals of ICD-10 and its application to an allergy/immunology practice.
2. Evaluate coding challenges in an allergy/immunology practice.
3. Define the pathophysiology of severe asthma.
4. In simulated patient encounters, appropriately apply diagnostic and therapeutic options to patients with severe asthma.
5. In simulated patient encounters, identify evidence of patient non-adherence and factors that contribute to non-adherence.
6. In simulated patient encounters, apply effective education and patient communication skills to improve asthma control.
Teresa Thompson, CPC CMSCS CCC
William R. McKenna, MD FAAAAI
William C. Howland III, MD FAAAAI
Allen Lieberman, MD
Wesley W. Stafford, MD FAAAAI
David R. Weldon, MD FAAAAI
- 7.00 AttendanceAttendance credit.
- 7.00 CMECME credit.