2021 Allergy/Immunology Self-Assessment
In this self-assessment activity, you will answer a series of short tests covering the clinical domains of allergy/immunology. Once you click "Begin" you will have 48 hours to complete the 12 quizzes (please read the instructions page for more details). Based on your results you will develop a personal learning plan to address areas in which you could improve your knowledge an competence.
Through the American Board of Medical Specialties ("ABMS") and Association of American Medical Colleges' ("AAMC") joint initiative to create a wide array of Maintenance of Certification ("MOC") Activities, 2021 Allergy/Immunology Self-Assessment has met the MOC requirements as Part II Self-Assessment activity by the following ABMS Member Boards:
- American Board of Allergy and Immunology
Upon completion of this activity:
Physicians will earn 5.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
The American Board of Allergy and Immunology (ABAI) has approved this activity for 5.00 MOC Part II Self-Assessment credits. These credits will be awarded once you have shown that you have completed three CME activities that are a minimum of 1.00 CME credit each. These additional activities should address the three lowest-scoring categories from your learning plan.
- Advanced practitioners working in allergy/immunology settings
Upcon completion of this activity, learners should be able to:
- Identify gaps in knowledge of the diagnosis and treatment of allergic and immunologic conditions
- Develop a plan to address those gaps
To complete the self-assessment process and receive 5 additional self-assessment credits from the ABAI, use the link below and record the continuing education activities you select based on your test results. You should select three from your five lowest scoring categories and complete at least one continuing education credit hour for each of the three categories you select as areas for improvement in order to receive the 5 additional self-assessment credits from the ABAI.
After submitting the completed webform, your completion will be reported to the ABAI and the self-assessment credits will be recorded in your diplomate portal.
PLEASE NOTE: the record of your post-test learning must be completed and returned within 12 months of completing the initial assessment to be accepted by the ABAI.
Rebecca Scherzer, MD FAAAAI
Nationwide Children's Hospital, Columbus, OH
Relevant Relationships: None
Kara Wada, MD
Nationwide Childrens Hospital and Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
Relevant Relationships: None
Robert Corriel, MD FAAAAI
Lake Success Allergy and Clinical Immunology, Lake Success, NY
Relevant relationships: None
The information disclosed by the speakers and planning committee was reviewed in accordance with the AAAAI Disclosure Policy. All potential conflicts of interest were mitigated by the planners, faculty, and reviewers prior to their participation in the development of this activity.
AAAAI DISCLOSURE POLICY
Pursuant to the Code of Ethics for the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (AAAAI) and the Standards for Commercial Support of Continuing Medical Education of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education, the AAAAI requires disclosure of certain information from faculty members of educational activities designated for CME credit by the AAAAI. Prior to the activity, authors and reviewers are required to disclose all relationships that meet the following parameters
- Employment: Name of employer and job title.
- Financial interests: All organizations, other than the employer, from which the faculty member or a member of his/her immediate family or household receives annual remuneration in any amount (including grants, honoraria and consulting fees).
- Research interests: All organizations which support research projects for which the faculty member or member of his/her immediate family or household serves as an investigator.
- Legal Consultation Services/Expert Witness Testimony: All topics on which the faculty member provided legal consultation and/or expert witness testimony during the previous calendar year.
- Organizational interests: All organizations, other than the AAAAI, for which the faculty member holds volunteer positions.
- Gifts: All organizations from which the faculty member or a member of his/her immediate family or household have received a gift of any amount in the last year.
- Other interests: All interests of the faculty member or a member of his/her immediate family or household that would be judged by a majority of his/her peers to be more than casual and/or likely to impact his/her ability to exercise independent judgment. This includes any financial interest in or relationship with any manufacturer of a commercial product, and any financial interest or relationship with any organization that provides commercial support to AAAAI-sponsored educational activities.
The information disclosed by the speakers and planning committee was reviewed in accordance with the AAAAI Disclosure Policy. All potential conflicts of interest were resolved by the planners, faculty, and reviewers prior to their participation in the development of this activity.
The American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology (AAAAI) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology designates this enduring material for a maximum of 5.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
ABMS MOC Approval Statement
Through the American Board of Medical Specialties (“ABMS”) ongoing commitment to increase access to practice relevant Continuing Certification Activities through the ABMS Continuing Certification Directory, Insert Title has met the requirements as a MOC Part IV Performance Improvement CME and MOC Part II Self-Assessment and/or CME Activity (apply toward general CME requirement) for the following ABMS Member Boards:
MOC Part II Self-Assessment
Allergy and Immunology
Medium and Method of Physician Participation for an Enduring Activity
Follow these steps to complete the activity:
- Register for the activity.
- Review the CME and Disclosure information.
- Complete all required components.
- Complete the post-test assessment.
- Claim your credits. Enter only the number of credits earned based on your participation in the activity.
- Print or save your certificate.
To verify your participation in educational activities, you may be asked to provide your name, contact information, and/or other descriptors. The AAAAI will not release this information to outside entities. It may be used internally to inform you of other AAAAI educational activities. If you wish to have your information excluded from this process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Original release date: January 1, 2015. Reviewed by Rebecca Scherzer, MD FAAAAI and Kara Wada, MD on June 7, 2021. Valid for credit through June 30, 2022.
Activity-related questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 5.00 CMECME credit.