2016 ISAAI Alan Feinberg Fellow Research Program
CREDIT CLAIMING IS NOW OPEN FOR THIS MEETING. PLEASE REFER TO THE CREDIT CLAIMING INSTRUCTIONS PROVIDED AT THE MEETING, OR VIEW THE ATTACHED DOCUMENT (LINK AT BOTTOM OF PAGE).
This live meeting will take place on Sunday, May 1, 2016 in Chicago, IL.
The annual Fellow Research program provides the opportunity for allergy/immunology fellows-in-training to present their original research to the ISAAI membership. Through the process of oral presentation, the fellow-in-training can develop and appreciate the ability to conduct a scientific investigation and communicate it to an audience of his or her peers. These oral presentations will be evaluated for a special award by a panel of judges with no academic affiliation.
Please click on the following link to register: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/isaai-fellow-research-program-may-1-2016-tickets-24604947059
Physicians can claim up to 2.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
Credit must be claimed by December 31, 2016. Credit requests on or after January 1, 2017 will be subject to an administrative fee.
- Primary Care physicians who treat patients with allergic and immunologic disorders
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to
ASHVINI BISWAS, M.D.
Title: Validation of an EHR Algorithm to Identify Adult and Pediatric Patients with Asthma in Western Chicago
- Review the study and apply the principles of utilizing EHR algorithms to identification of disease in a patient population
SUMIT BOSE, M.D.
Title: Unified Airway Theory: Association of Bronchiectasis and Chronic Rhinosinusitis
- Define unified airway theory
- Discuss the differences between CRSsNP and CRSwNP
- Identify the clinical characteristics of patients with CRS and bronchiectasis
- Cite the prevalence of bronchiectasis in patients with CRS at an academic center
SERGIO CHIARELLA, M.D.
Title: Induction of Airway BAFF during Upper Respiratory Infections in Asthma
- Describe the mechanisms by which respiratory viral infections lead to a BAFF response
- Compare the URI-triggered BAFF response in asthmatics versus non-asthmatics
BARRY PELZ, M.D.
Title: The Presence of Food Allergy Alters the Presentation of Pediatric Eosinophilic Esophagitis
- Review the diagnostic criteria for EoE
- Discuss the role of skin prick testing and serum IgE testing in EoE - Explore unanswered questions related to the role of IgE in EoE
KATHLEEN DASS, M.D.
Title: Sleep-disturbance is Inadequately Assessed in Children with Allergic Rhinitis
- Discuss patient reported outcomes of emotional and behavioral stressors impacting adolescent patients with allergic rhinitis
- Examine correlation between severe sleep-related impairment and severity of allergic rhinitis
MEAGHAN MISIASZ, M.D.
Title: Desensitization to Platinums: Our Experience with 153 Desensitizations
- Recognize adverse events and risks associated with carboplatin desensitization protocols
LINDA LEE, M.D.
Title: Food and Gut Reactions: Approach to the Patient for Whom Food is the Enemy
- Identify irritable bowel syndrome and describe how it is managed
- Define gluten intolerance as distinct from gluten allergy
- Explain what is currently known about the relationship between food, the microbiome, and GI symptoms
- 2.50 AttendanceAttendance credit.
- 2.50 CMECME credit.