New England Society of Allergy Fall 2018 Meeting
NESA provides ongoing educational meetings to allow our membership to keep up to date with the latest developments in the field of Allergy and Immunology.
This year's fall meeting will focus on food allergy, PID and genetic testing in PID, the atopic march, and doctor-patient communication.
|Member Type||Online Fee (through October 12)||Walk-in Fee|
|Trainee (Resident or Fellow)|
Poster Session and Society Dinner
Attendee fee includes the cost of the dinner. Attendees may bring guests for an additional cost as outlined below:
|Fee Type||Additional Fee|
|Attendee (no guest)||No additional fee|
|Attendee + 1 guest||$50|
|Attendee + family||$75|
|Trainee (may bring guests)||No additional fee|
|Speaker (may bring guests)||No additional fee|
NESA members, any physician interested in the field of Allergy and Immunology (including fellows-in-training), and any Allied Health professional (including RNs, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants) interested in increasing their fund of knowledge in the field.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Describe the current guidelines for the prevention of food allergy and recognize their inherent limitations
- Discuss the outcomes of some key clinical trials performed by the Consortium of Food Allergy Research
- Describe the diagnosis and treatment of autoimmunity in patients with primary immune deficiency
- Describe management of inflammatory complications in patients with primary immune deficiency
- Recognize the different types of DNA mutations in primary immune deficiency and approaches for their analysis
- Describe the inheritance, penetrance and expressivity patterns found in primary immune deficiency and approaches to genetic diagnosis
- Discuss the risk factors and strategies for the prevention of asthma
- Consider logical strategies for the prevention of the Allergic/Atopic March
- Discuss system innovation for supporting effective teamwork between clinicians and patients
|Date||Start Time||End Time||Presentation Topic||Faculty|
|10/20/2018||8:15 AM||8:20 AM||Opening Remarks||Lisa Bartnikas, MD|
|8:20 AM||9:05 AM||Prevention of Food Allergy||Robert Wood, MD|
|9:05 AM||9:20 AM||Q & A|
|9:20 AM||10:05 AM||Clinical Immunology: Primary Immunodeficiencies, More than Just Recurrent Infections||Thomas Fleisher, MD|
|10:05 AM||10:20 AM||Q & A|
|10:20 AM||11:00 AM||Break and Exhibits|
|11:00 AM||11:45 AM||Update on CoFAR||Robert Wood, MD|
|11:45 AM||12:00 PM||Q & A|
|6:00 PM||7:00 PM||Poster Session|
|7:00 PM||9:00 PM||Society Dinner|
|10/21/2018||8:15 AM||9:00 AM||Genomics and Genetic Testing in Immunodeficiency Disorders||Thomas Fleisher, MD|
|9:00 AM||9:15 AM||Q & A|
|9:15 AM||9:50 AM||Business Meeting|
|9:50 AM||10:35 AM||The Presidential Forum: Preventing the Atopic March||Wanda Phipatanakul, MD, MS|
|10:35 AM||10:50 AM||Q & A|
|10:50 AM||11:30 AM||Break and Exhibits|
|11:30 AM||12:15 PM||The Doctor-Patient Relationship in 2018||Neel Shah, MD, MPP|
|12:15 PM||12:30 PM||Q & A|
|12:30 PM||12:35 PM||Closing Remarks||Lisa Bartnikas, MD|
AAAAI Disclosure Policy
Pursuant to the Code of Ethics for the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (AAAAI) and the Standards for Commercial Support of Continuing Medical Education of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education, the AAAAI requires disclosure of certain information from faculty members of educational activities designated for CME credit by the AAAAI. Prior to the activity, authors and reviewers are required to disclose all relationships that meet the following parameters:
- Employment: Name of employer and job title.
- Financial interests: All organizations, other than the employer, from which the faculty member or a member of his/her immediate family or household receives annual remuneration in any amount (including grants, honoraria and consulting fees).
- Research interests: All organizations which support research projects for which the faculty member or member of his/her immediate family or household serves as an investigator.
- Legal Consultation Services/Expert Witness Testimony: All topics on which the faculty member provided legal consultation and/or expert witness testimony during the previous calendar year.
- Organizational interests: All organizations, other than the AAAAI, for which the faculty member holds volunteer positions.
- Gifts: All organizations from which the faculty member or a member of his/her immediate family or household have received a gift of any amount in the last year.
- Other interests: All interests of the faculty member or a member of his/her immediate family or household that would be judged by a majority of his/her peers to be more than casual and/or likely to impact his/her ability to exercise independent judgment. This includes any financial interest in or relationship with any manufacturer of a commercial product, and any financial interest or relationship with any organization that provides commercial support to AAAAI-sponsored educational activities.
The information disclosed by the speakers and planning committee was reviewed in accordance with the AAAAI Disclosure Policy. All potential conflicts of interest were resolved by the planners, faculty, and reviewers prior to their participation in the development of this activity.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of AAAAI and the New England Society of Allergy. The AAAAI is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology designates this live activity for a maximum of 6.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CE Designation Statement
The American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, & Immunology (AAAAI) is a Provider, approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #10704, for up to 6.00 Contact Hours.
Credit Claiming Period
Credit claiming for this activity will expire at 11:59 pm on June 30, 2019. Requests to claim credit on or after July 1, 2019 will be subject to an administrative fee.
To verify your participation in educational activities, you may be asked to provide your name, contact information, and/or other descriptors. The AAAAI will not release this information to outside entities. It may be used internally to inform you of other AAAAI educational activities. If you wish to have your information excluded from this process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Activity-related questions should be directed to Lisa Henry (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Registration and credit claiming questions should be directed to email@example.com.
- 6.00 AttendanceAttendance credit.
- 6.00 CECE credit.