First year fellows-in-training have the opportunity to share an allergy/immunology experience with attendees at the 2017 AAAAI Annual Meeting. Submit your interesting case report here for consideration. Up to ten will be selected for inclusion in Case Presentation Workshops on the program of next year's conference. A Word document version of the case submission form can be downloaded below to assist with drafting your case report, however all final submissions must be entered through this online form. The final version of your case must be submitted by 11:59pm on Sunday, November 6, 2016 through this site to be considered for programming.
Submission is limited to first year fellows who began their allergy/immunology training on or after July 1, 2016. Your status as a first year fellow-in-training will be confirmed before your case report is accepted for programming.
PLEASE NOTE: Case reports submitted for programming in Case Presentation Workshops will not be considered for programming as abstracts at the 2017 Annual Meeting.
Case Submission Guidelines
To be considered for programming at the 2017 Annual Meeting, case reports must meet the following criteria:
- The case must be reported by a first year fellow-in-training (began fellowship training on or after July 1, 2016).
- The case should include a unique observation and/or a "teachable moment" that would be of value to others in the allergy/immunology community. It should be described in approximately 1,000 words total.
- The case cannot have been previously published.
- The case presentation must be HIPAA compliant. If any case content, including images, is identifiable as relevant to a specific patient, patient consent to share the information must be secured and shared with AAAAI.
- The author submitting the case must have been directly involved in the treatment of the patient scenario under discussion.
- If the case is selected for programming, the submitting author will be expected to present the case as part of a Case Presentation Workshop at the 2017 AAAAI Annual Meeting, March 3-6, 2017 in Atlanta, GA. As a presenter on the education program of the Annual Meeting, the case presenter will be required to submit her or his financial disclosures for review prior to the meeting.
- Case discussion presenters will not receive reimbursement for travel expenses to attend the meeting. Fellows-in-training receive complimentary meeting registration if they register prior to the early registration deadline (February 8, 2017).