Coding 2017: Strategies for Success
Presented at the 2017 Practice Management Workshop, "Coding 2017: Strategies for Success" is an insightful overview of the current hot topics in coding. Questions from the audience and Theresa's answers are also included in this recording.
Coding and billing staff members
Other clinical staff
Seasoned physicians and office managers who have experience with coding still need to keep up to date with yearly changes and make sure that they are fully informed of each individual insurance company’s requirements for claims submissions. This session reviews common allergy codes, changes to the terminology for the current year and provides tips on how to meet unique insurance carrier documentation requirements.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Describe the documentation necessary to support immunotherapy and the medical necessity of immunotherapy doses
- Understand the appropriate coding procedure for the administration of biologic therapies such as Xolair and Nucala
- Understand the correct use of a modifiers for allergy, including -25 and -59
Teresa Thompson, CPC CMSCS CCC
T M Consulting, Inc., Carlsborg, WA
Relevant relationships: None
Samuel Gubernick, DO FAAAAI
Family Allergy, Asthma and Immunology Associates, Largo, FL
Relevant relationships: None
Jon Ramsey, RN
Georgia Asthma Coalition, Albany, GA
Relevant relationships: Genentech: speaker (Xolair); Shire/Baxalta: advisory board
The American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology (AAAAI) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CE Designation Statement
The American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, & Immunology (AAAAI) is a Provider, approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #10704, for up to 1.50 Contact Hours.
Medium and Method of Physician Participation for an Enduring Activity
Follow these steps to complete the activity:
- Register for the activity.
- Review the CME and Disclosure information.
- Complete all required components.
- Complete the post-test. You must achieve a score of 70% or higher on post-tests to claim credit.
- Complete the activity evaluation.
- Claim your credits. Enter only the number of credits earned based on your participation in the activity.
- Print or save your certificate.
To verify your participation in educational activities, you may be asked to provide your name, contact information, and/or other descriptors. The AAAAI will not release this information to outside entities. It may be used internally to inform you of other AAAAI educational activities. If you wish to have your information excluded from this process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Original release date: August 14, 2017. Valid for credit through August 13, 2018.
- 1.50 AttendanceAttendance credit.
- 1.50 CECE credit.
- 1.50 CMECME credit.