2016-2017 AAAAI Professionalism in Medical Practice Self-Assessment Module
Professionalism in medicine is one of the six core competencies defined by the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) and the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) that form the basis for the Maintenance of Certification process. According to ABMS leadership, “medical professionalism functions as an ideology that declares an important role for its members in organizing and delivering health care in society.” They go on to state that “Making standards explicit, sharing them with the public, and enforcing them, is how the profession maintains its standing as being worthy of public trust.” For AAAAI members these standards are publicly stated in the Academy’s Code of Ethics.
This module – based on an activity developed by the American College of Cardiology - provides an opportunity for you to self-assess professionalism behaviors in your practice by answering a series of knowledge and case study questions. By answering all questions and reflecting on their performance, physicians can earn 5.00 AMA PRA Category 1 CME CreditsTM and 5 self-assessment credits toward the self-assessment requirement of the ABAI’s MOC program.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Describe key concepts related to professionalism in medical practice.
- Identify their own strengths and weaknesses related to the application of medical professionalism standards to clinical scenarios.
- Outline options for improving their working knowledge of medical professionalism as needed.
The American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology (AAAAI) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology designates this enduring material for a maximum of 5.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
American Board of Allergy & Immunology (ABAI) MOC Credit
The American Board of Allergy & Immunology has approved this activity for 5 self-assessment credits for Part II of their Maintenance of Certification program.
Medium and Method of Physician Participation for an Enduring Activity
Follow these steps to complete the activity:
- Register for the activity.
- Review the CME Info Page.
- Complete all required components.
- Complete the post-test. You must achieve a score of 70% or higher on post-tests to claim credit.
- Complete the activity evaluation.
- Claim your credits. Enter only the number of credits earned based on your participation in the activity.
- Print or save your certificate.
To verify your participation in live educational activities, you may be asked to provide your name, contact information, and/or other descriptors. The AAAAI will not release this information to outside entities. It may be used internally to inform you of other AAAAI educational activities. If you wish to have your information excluded from this process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Activity-related questions should be directed to email@example.com.
- 5.00 AttendanceAttendance credit.
- 5.00 CMECME credit.