VAM 19 1204: Best of the Practice Management Workshop: Expanding the Scope of Practice
This course is part of the 2019 Virtual Annual Meeting. Want more virtual meeting recordings? Save by ordering the full set!
Session 1204 includes the following talks:
- Hereditary Angioedema and Intravenous Immune Globulin Therapies
- Food Challenge and Oral Immunotherapy
- Proper Coding and Billing Procedures
- Managing Conflicts in Your Practice
The American Board of Allergy and Immunology (ABAI) has approved this activity for 3.00 MOC Part II Self-Assessment credits. These credits will be awarded once you have completed all components of the course.
Allied Health Professionals
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Discuss the billing requirements and to apply the appropriate codes for expanded allergy procedures
- Discuss staffing requirements for safe delivery of the different allergy treatments in an outpatient/clinic setting
- Describe the value of utilizing telehealth in delivering allergy and immunology services
Weily Soong, MD FAAAAI
Jennifer A. Shih, MD
Michael Rupp, MD FAAAAI
Mohamed Yassin, MD FAAAAI
Teresa Thompson, CPC CMSCS CCC
Priya Bansal, MD FAAAAI
Samuel Gubernick, DO FAAAAI
Shirley S. Joo, MD
Kara J. Wada, MD
AAAAI Disclosure Policy
Pursuant to the Code of Ethics for the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (AAAAI) and the Standards for Commercial Support of Continuing Medical Education of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education, the AAAAI requires disclosure of certain information from faculty members of educational activities designated for CME credit by the AAAAI. Prior to the activity, authors and reviewers are required to disclose all relationships that meet the following parameters:
- Employment. Name of employer and job title.
- Financial interests. All organizations, other than the employer, from which the faculty member or a member of his/her immediate family or household receives annual remuneration in any amount (including grants, honoraria and consulting fees).
- Research interests. All organizations which support research projects for which the faculty member or member of his/her immediate family or household serves as an investigator.
- Legal Consultation Services/Expert Witness Testimony: All topics on which the faculty member provided legal consultation and/or expert witness testimony during the previous calendar year.
- Organizational interests: All organizations, other than the AAAAI, for which the faculty member holds volunteer positions.
- Gifts. All organizations from which the faculty member or a member of his/her immediate family or household have received a gift of any amount in the last year.
- Other interests. All interests of the faculty member or a member of his/her immediate family or household that would be judged by a majority of his/her peers to be more than casual and/or likely to impact his/her ability to exercise independent judgment. This includes any financial interest in or relationship with any manufacturer of a commercial product, and any financial interest or relationship with any organization that provides commercial support to AAAAI-sponsored educational activities.
The information disclosed by the speakers and planning committee was reviewed in accordance with the AAAAI Disclosure Policy. All potential conflicts of interest were resolved by the planners, faculty, and reviewers prior to their participation in the development of this activity.
The American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology (AAAAI) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology designates this enduring material for a maximum of 3.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CE Designation Statement
The American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, & Immunology (AAAAI) is a Provider, approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #10704, for up to 3.00 Contact Hours.
Credit Claiming Period
Credit claiming for this activity will expire at 11:59 pm on April 30, 2021. Requests to claim credit on or after May 1, 2021 will be subject to an administrative fee.
To verify your participation in educational activities, you may be asked to provide your name, contact information, and/or other descriptors. The AAAAI will not release this information to outside entities. It may be used internally to inform you of other AAAAI educational activities. If you wish to have your information excluded from this process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Activity related questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 3.00 AttendanceAttendance credit.
- 3.00 CECE credit.
- 3.00 CMECME credit.